277
  • F-4 Phantom Pilot's Ejection Seat

    A Martin Baker ejection seat from a McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom in original black and green finish with full harness and pilots parachute. With working seat height adjustment motors powered by re-chargable batteries.
    Manufactured between 1958 and 1981 the Phantom is one of the most successful and long lived modern military aircraft; first entered service in 1960 with the US Navy. In the UK the Phantom was first introduced by the Royal Navy in 1966 followed by the RAF in 1969. The F-4 is a two seat long range supersonic fighter/bomber that proved extremely versatile. The last RAF Phantoms were retired in 1992 but the aircraft is still operational with a number of other airforces worldwide.
    Martin Baker Aircraft Co. Ltd was founded as an aircraft manufacturer in 1934 by Captain (later Sir) James Martin and Captain Valentine Baker, the company later becoming a pioneer in the field of ejection seats.
    Enquire
    #
    This item is now sold.
    Please do enquire if you would like us to help find something similar.

Archive

Recently viewed