A splendid, pre World War Two, 10 x 80 (10 power magnification and 80 mm objective lenses) double telescope binocular by Emil Busch of Germany with 45° inclined oculars. The binocular block is stamped with the manufacturer’s name. Later war-time examples do not carry a name. They have a manufacturer’s identification code indicating the maker (from 1940 the origin of German military equipment was intended to be obscured from the enemy by the use of these government-issued, three-letter codes).
This model of binocular was originally designed by Busch in 1935, adopted by the military in 1936 and went into production with various modifications and manufacturers. The rugged construction made the model suitable for both day and night time observation and the direction of fire from artillery and flak stations.
The binoculars have been stripped of their original paint, the cast aluminium polished to a mirror finish and then mounted on a custom made cradle fitted to a period height adjustable wooden tripod stand. The optics have been fully refurbished to the highest standards. These binoculars come with a newly made wooden floor stand to provide stability to the tripodand give protection to floor surfaces.
Dimensions: 37 cm/14½ inches (length of binocular).