History of GoyardIn 1853 François Goyard took over from Moral - a trunk maker who was trunk maker to the heir to the French throne. He changed the name to La Maison Goyard and opened at 233 rue Saint Honoré.Enquire
In 1892 the chevron motif appears on coated canvas for the first time.
Between 1894 - 1924 there was a program of expansion within the company, additional stores open in Europe, including Biarritz and Monte Carlo: with department store concessions opening in the U.S, England, Belgium, Spain and Russia.
By the early 20th century Goyard luggage had won numerous medals in exhibitions across the globe, becoming ever more popular in high society across Europe. Edmond also introduced an entire department for “cats, dogs and monkeys” while at the helm of the company.
Our buyer Tim only selects pieces that meet his exacting standards, Please browse through our Goyard gallery to see examples of original pieces in exceptional condition.#